On April 25, 1980, in compliance with government regulations, Eliseo Soriano registered the group with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as Ang Mga Kaanib sa Iglesia ng Dios Kay Kristo Hesus, Haligi at Saligan ng Katotohan, sa Bansang Pilipinas (English: Members of the Church of God in Christ Jesus, Pillar and Ground of Truth in the Philippines).
In 2004, its registered name was changed to "Members Church of God International" (Tagalog: Mga Kaanib sa Iglesia ng Dios na Pandaigdig) in line with the church's overseas expansion.
MCGI members prefer themselves to be called and identified as plain "Christians".
MCGI is not related to the many Church of God groups that descended from the Barney Creek Meeting House revival of the late 19th century in the United States.
It is composed of the Overall Servants (Tagalog: Mga Lingkod Pangkalahatan), council of Helpers of the Ministry (Tagalog: Mga Katulong ng Pangangasiwa abbreviated as "KNP") and Church Workers (Tagalog: Mga Manggagawa).
Currently, Brother Eliseo Soriano is the Overall Servant (Tagalog: Lingkod Pangkalahatan) to MCGI (formerly called as Presiding Minister or Tagapangasiwang Pangkalahatan in Tagalog) and his deputy, Brother Daniel Razon is the Vice Overall Servant (Tagalog: Pangalawang Lingkod Pangkalahatan, formerly called as Vice Presiding Minister or Pangalawang Tagapangasiwang Pangkalahatan in Tagalog).
Through the local radio station DWWA 1206 k Hz, ADD was heard in many parts of the Philippine Archipelago.
The program became popular in the Philippines because of its live question and answer portion.Since the year the church was established, church workers were being sent to the nearby provinces around Manila.Brother Nicolas Antiporda Perez, lead the church from 1928 until the time of his death in May 1975, the church was then a small group with less than hundred congregations.In 1980, missionary works started and was first done in the towns of Pampanga and then, the neighboring provinces of Bulacan, Rizal, Nueva Ecija, Bataan, and Metro Manila.In the last quarter of 1980, the church launched the radio program Ang Dating Daan (ADD).In 2004, the church changed its name to "Members Church of God International".